Saturday, October 4, 2008

Conference

Conference
Wasn't Conference amazing? I am now more dedicated to simplifying my life. I looked around my house thinking, "I don't need this much stuff!" I should try to bless others' lives by giving those in need things I don't need/use and Bella's old clothes. Heaven knows theyr'e just going to collect dust or sit in boxes in my storage room downstairs.I loved Pres. Utchdorf's talk from last week at the Relief Society Women's Conference. Something struck me from his talk. He said a quote from President Brigham Young, "Make everything beautiful around you that angels may delight to come and visit your beautiful locations" and As we lift others, we rise a little higher ourselves. President Spencer W. Kimball taught, “The more we serve our fellowmen in appropriate ways, the more substance there is to our souls. There was so much in his talk that touched my heart.
I had a migraine tonight that kept me from going to a family party (while our husbands were at the Priesthood meeting) and my dear sis in law, Janakaye and my beautiful niece, Abby brought me tons of food from the party that she and my mother in law put together for us. My day was blessed because of them. The food was amazing! I wish my brownies/breadsticks/soup turned out half as good as how they make it! Thank you so much ladies!
This is officially my first entry! I am inspired from the oh so funny satirical blog seriouslysoblessed. TAMN is so funny! My sis in law told me about her and it totally brightened my day.Right now I am holding Brett in my arms while he's sleeping and I am so grateful to have him and beautiful Bella in my life. They are my most precious treasures.

5 comments:

GreenPhoenix said...

Hey Joanna, cute blog! Let me know if you'd like an invitation to mine: GreenPhoenix27@Yahoo.com
This is Jacob Harmon speaking, by the way.

Janielle Nelson said...

Migraines are the worst! I am sorry that you are sick. i hope that you feel better soon. Plus to have to take care of your two little one's, it is no fun. Get better!!

Well I just wanted to let you know that you will not need to watch y kids this next week. My mom is down from Idaho to help take care of this and she will be able to wach them. I will either drop by a check or I will put it in the mail. Whatever I feel better up to (things are up and down right now). Thanks for all your help and I look forward to your help soon if that his alright. I will keep you posted if that is alright.

Thanks so much Have a great day.

Karole said...

JO,
I'm so happy you started a blog!!! I can't wait to see pics of the kids! We miss you guys so much and this is a great way to keep in touch! Visit my blog by clicking on my name or karoleanderson.blogspot.com!!!

Jenny said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! I love you!! You are up and running with The Nelson's. Oh my Jola Cola that I love!!! I loved your insights on conference!!! Sorry about your stinkin' migraine! That TAMN is hilarious! That's so funny! Josh's fiance told me about that blog and I've been laughing ever since! Love you, Jenny
Now....pictures, pictures, pictures pls!!!!

ricci said...

Great blog!! It does get very addicting. I'm so glad that you and Jake have finally moved back the the promise land!! Does Bella like preschool as much as PJ? I.m glad that you started a blog too!!!